Prayer Shawl Ministry
In 2007, the Catholic Daughters of the Americas, Court Patricia #998, began a Prayer Shawl Ministry in our parish. A small group of knitters and crocheters meets the first Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m., in St. Mary Parish Center to share fellowship and prayers over the work of their hands.
The shawls or “hug rugs” created by members are blessed by the pastor of our parish and given, free of charge, to those in need of comfort, solace or healing.
The Prayer Shawl Ministry also makes baby blankets , which are given to every parish family at the time of their child’s baptism.
The shawls are given to provide hope, comfort and healing. They also offer a tangible reminder of God’s love for the recipient.
Shawls can be used for:
· Those in bereavement or suffering a loss.
· Those with an illness or undergoing medical procedures.
· Those in need of comfort, solace or strength.
· Those experiencing a difficult time.
· Those in nursing homes or veterans.
· Those celebrating a birth of a child.
If you would like to request a prayer shawl for a friend or loved one, please call the parish office or get in touch with any member of the Catholic Daughters.